War in Ukraine – Lukashenko: They ask us not to launch an attack


THE Alexander Lukashenko stated that he was asked to enter into non-aggression pact with UkraineBelarusian state-run Belta news agency reported, citing statements by the Belarusian leader that suggest he sees Kyiv as a potential threat.

The close ally of the Russian president Vladimir Putin revealed what he said was a proposal made to him at a meeting of Belarusian government and law enforcement officials, during which he also accused Ukraine – without providing evidence – of allowing its territory to be used by the West for training and equipping fighters who could destabilize the situation in Belarus.

(…) They ask us not to go to war with Ukraine under any circumstances, not to move our troops there. They suggest that we enter into a non-aggression pacts,” noted Lukashenko, according to his statements cited by Belta.

It is currently unclear from his comments whether Ukraine itself or the West made the proposal the Belarusian leader claims he had.

The Kyiv has not commented so far Lukashenko’s statements. Ukrainian officials have expressed concerns that Moscow could use Belarus as a springboard to launch a new attack on Ukraine from the north. The Kremlin declined to comment “for now” on whether Lukashenko would discuss the offer he claims was made with Putin.

Minsk allowed Moscow to use Belarusian territory to send troops to Ukraine on February 24 last year. However, its own troops have so far not fought in the conflict in Ukraine, but Minsk has stepped up joint military training with Russian forces deployed in Belarus.

In his same speech, cited by Belta, Lukashenko also accused Ukraine of harboring militants who could take part in what he said was a long-term Western plan to destabilize his country.

I don’t know why Ukrainians need this“, the Belarusian leader asked, according to Belta. The security forces they will respond harshly to any threat to the internal order, Lukashenko added at the same meeting and noted that he does not want a repeat of the 2020/21 mass protests against him, which he then said were part of, according to same, of a Western conspiracy for regime change.

Source: RES-MPE

News today:

The mother of the 12-year-old girl from Colonos remains in prison

When will we have strong storms in Attica – In two phases the bad weather throughout the country

Watch video: “Our Immortal Nikos” – Emotion at the funeral of Nikos Xanthopoulos





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *